The Burnie Thompson Show is where America comes to talk weekdays from 12-3 p.m. Eastern Time. Broadcasting from the Liberty Lounge studio, Burnie is a little more Whiskey Rebellion than Tea Party, appealing to that American yearning to be free.
Burnie reminds politicians to expand freedom and protect the family budget from government plunder. He is fed up with snoops, busybodies and thieves masquerading as public servants – and calls them out by name, often debating them on the air. The show gives Americans a place to link arms and make a difference.
Passionate, but not rude – that’s what you get from Burnie, who brings clarity to complex issues without getting caught up in the thick of thin things. His comments on current events are strikingly original, succinct and compelling … underscored by his concerns as a father of two young girls; his affinity for classic movies and literature; and his experience as a former U.S. Air Force officer.
About the Host: Burnie Thompson is a former U.S. Air Force Captain and college English Teacher. Burnie has two masters degrees: One in Print Journalism from USC in Los Angeles, and the other in English from Penn State University. Before that, he earned a bachelors degree in Political Science from Cal State Fullerton and an AA degree from Riverside Community College in Ca.
Burnie also has been a free-lance writer for more than a decade, with commentaries in The Los Angeles Times, The USA Today, The Washington Times, The Orange County Register, and more than a dozenother publications.
Burnie Thompson lives in Panama City, Florida, where his daily program is based.
- Radio Talk-show Host (2007-present) Hosts The Burnie Thompson Show, Florida's state-wide talk-radio show.
- College Instructor Gulf Coast Community College (English composition, 2007), Penn State University (English Composition, 2006), Weber State University, Utah, (English Composition, 2003-2004)
- U.S. Air Force Officer (2002-2006) Public Affairs Officer, 388th Fighter Wing, Hill Air Force Base, Utah; Selected to teach English at the U.S. Air Force Academy, and trained at Penn State, earning a masters degree in English; Separated from the Air Force during its 2006 Force-shaping Program.
- Journalist and Free-lance Writer (1997-present) Has written feature stories and/or op-ed articles for The Panama City News Herald, The Orange County Register, The Hilltop Times (Hill Air Force Base), Fighter Country (Hill AFB), The Washington Times, The Ogden Standard-Examiner, The Orange County Weekly, and Internet web magazines; has also written numerous letters to the editor to The Los Angeles Times, USA Today, and The Orange County Register.
- Orthopedic Medical Salesman (1995-2002) Quality Patient Care Inc., Los Angeles
- M.A., English Penn State University (2005-2006)
- M.A., Print Journalism University of Southern California (2000-2002)
- B.A., Political Science Cal State University, Fullerton (1998-2000)