Broadcasting from the Liberty Lounge Studio to more than a dozen markets in the Sunshine State, Burnie shirks partisanship and instead appeals to that American yearning to be free. The Burnie Thompson Show airs weekdays from 12-3 Eastern Time.
“The show is a mix between a 21st Century Town Hall and your favorite saloon; a place where ideas collide and reason prevails,” says Thompson. “Advancing freedom and protecting the family budget from government plunder – that’s what we do by giving Floridians a place to link arms and make a difference. And we have a whole lot of fun doing it!”
Burnie is a former U.S. Air Force Captain and college English teacher. He has two master’s degrees - one in Print Journalism from USC in Los Angeles, and the other in English from Penn State University. Before that, he earned a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Cal State Fullerton.
As a public speaker, Burnie’s topics include
- The Constitution - The shortest and most exciting charter of liberty in the world
- The Surprising Influence of Talk Radio - Why it’s not just for conservatives
- Thrive in a Down Economy – Why hard work and education aren’t enough
- Misfits – How they change the world for the better
- Reading Signals – How seeing what is not seen gives you the edge
- After Graduation – The great difference between just drifting and being curious
- The Set-Up – How government uses other people’s bad behavior to control you
Burnie also has been a free-lance writer for 15 years. He has written in The Los Angeles Times, The USA Today, The Washington Times, The Orange County Register, The Tallahassee Democrat, The Panama City News Herald, and many other publications.
Contact Melissa Allegretto for questions or to book Burnie at or at (850) 230-5855